Firstly, a huge thank you to Helen Holshouser for giving me a One Lovely Blog Award. (I came fourth!) It was a lovely gesture and it made my day, which needed to be made… you know how it is when your lava lamp shorts out, cooks it’s power board, takes out the bulb on the reading lamp and then gives you a small electrical shock… yeah.
I am going to pass this award onto my writing friends whose books I treasure, to give them a shout out. But first, seven things about me.
1. I tend to work too fast. My brain’s clock speed is fast, but it means I loathe long projects and it stinks when I’m getting paid by the hour.
2. This will likely result in massive unfollows, but… I don’t drink coffee. Yes, I know, I’m weird. But for some reason, I don’t like hot drinks and find them hard to swallow. If you approach me with a cup of tea you won’t be popular. That one I am blaming on the old tannin lined silver teapots, that were passed down through my family. If tea does that to metal, what does it do to your stomach?
3. I love pink, but a lot of people think that blue is my favourite colour, as my home is always decorated in blues. Maybe it’s my Pict bloodline surfacing?
4. I love most animals. My husband and I never visit a Zoo or pet shop without saying hello to everyone… except the snakes. He’s been told I want a Clydesdale for my birthday. He only has 27 shopping days left (he reads most of my posts for the sake of marital
warfare, um, harmony.)
5. We once had an axolotl named Elvis. He was black and when the pet shop owner tried to catch him, he legged it into the neighbouring fish tank to escape capture, terrifying all the fish. Thus, he had “left the building.” He was a stinker of a pet!
6. If shop, favourite and colour haven’t given me away, yes, I am Australian and live in Brisbane, which is a brilliant, mid-sized city, with lots of cultural events and an increasing traffic volume problem. It is sub-tropical and everyone wants to live here.
7. I adore ice hockey. Blame it on being married to a Canadian.
Meet my friends…
~ Christy Birmingham, who blogs at Poetic Parfait and is the proud author of Pathways to Illumination.
~ Eric Kobb Miller, who blogs at Spit Toon’s Saloon and has several great comedy books.
~ Kathy Owen, who writes the most delightful mysteries which capture the period and capture your heart!
~ Rags Daniels, who is sadly, still offline recovering from his stroke, but has great crime novels available.
~ Sharon Lippincott who writes books which inspire me to write better! Check out her blog and her books. She will have you either laughing or working hard!
~ Sonia Marsh, who is striving ahead and winning awards for her open-hearted anthologies. If you need encouragement, get Sonia’s books! Also, get on board and write your own Gutsy Story.
~ Sir Seumas Gallacher, crime writer and big, hearted Knight! You’ll love his crime novels and his warmth.
~ Sandra Nikolai is another master crime writer and a lady who is a joy to know.
~ Mary Gottschalk is my enneagram buddy. (See yesterday’s post.) She has a new novel out, A Fitting Place, and her Memoir is a delight. She blogs here.
~ Madeline Tasky Sharples is a special lady who has a message we all need to hear about suicide and grief. She is very close to my heart and blogs here.
~ Kathy Pooler is a dear friend, who has posted on this blog several times and has just released her first book. Please visit Kathy and be inspired by her story of overcoming emotional abuse. (I love your new site look Kathy.)
I could continue and continue and continue, and…