Cate Russell-Cole is a fully qualified Adult Education Provider and Social Worker; with an understanding of both the psychology and technical aspects of writing and creativity. She has been researching, writing and teaching her own courses since 1990, and is a successful freelance writer and published Author.
Cate lives in Brisbane, Australia. She currently writes and coaches online to an International audience. Cate’s creativity and writing coaching has attracted thriving online communities, which she maintains frequently to provide both how-to resources and writer support. In July 2012 she became a ROW80 Sponsor, which she still continues as able. Cate also teaches locally through both the Local Government and private training providers.
- Write Your Life Story (Currently commercially unavailable.) ISBN 978-0-9873175-1-3
- Unleashing Your Creative Spirit ISBN 978-0-9873175-0-6
- Phoenix Rising: Conquering the Stresses of the Writer’s Life ISBN 978-0-9873175-4-4
- Prayer Journal Workshop ISBN 978-0-9873175-6-8
- Creating and Resolving Conflict in Fiction (Four Dimensional Characterisation Series) ISBN 978-0-9873175-2-0
- Avoiding Back Pain: A Simple Guide ISBN 978-0-9873175-7-5
- Building Emotionally Realistic Characters (Four Dimensional Characterisation Series) ISBN 978-0-9873175-3-7
- Maintaining Your Independence, A Course For Seniors
- Person To Person: A Layman’s Course in Communication Skills
Visit Cate’s Amazon Kindle Author Page.
- Southern Writer’s Magazine
- Faithwriters Blog
- My Rite of Passage: The Sweetest Side to Book Marketing
- Memoir Writer’s Journey Blog: Using Photographs to Tell Your Story (in a non-judgemental manner.)
- Standing Out in a Carbon Copy World
- Critty Joy
- Reflexion, The Scoliosis Association of Australia
- Lift Smart Australia
- Footprints Magazine Australia
- Faith Lifts
- At The Fence: Cate wrote a monthly column for three years.
- The Northern Aflame Magazine, Ballina, Australia
- The Alternative National Australian Christian Newspaper
- Christian Woman Magazine, Australia
- Challenge Magazine, Western Australia
- The Evangel Assemblies Of God Publication, Australia
- Butterfly Ezine
- The Community Messenger
- Australian Christian Writer’s Fellowship Compendium Magazine
- “Write It” Australian Christian Creative Enterprises Magazine
- Nativity House Australia’s “Christmas Nativities and Stories” book published 1999
- Netowne.com (This has now changed hands.)
- Wordbeats Newsletter November 1998
- Coffs Harbour Christian Life Centre, now Lifehouse.
- Sebar Literary
- Networking News, Coffs Harbour
- Business Support Network Newsletter
- Outreach, Cate’s previous business newsletter
Cate’s articles have been reprinted, by permission, by Morningstar Church Friends Scarborough, Ontario; Harvest Magazine Lafayette LA; Alongthejourney.net; Homestead Happenings and several others. Since joining, her Faithwriters articles have been viewed and re-used over 34,000 times. (Currently many have been removed as new material is added and editing is carried out.) To find Cate’s articles on FaithWriters, please visit
Writer’s Resources for Bloggers and Twitter Users:
Joan: “Just want to say those blog directories Cate Russell-Cole posted last week were the best thing since sliced bread for me. My traffic has increased joining just one. Thanks again!”
CommuniCATE is now hosting an ongoing one-stop list of promotional communities and directories for bloggers. Trying to track down all the resources available for bloggers is a frustrating process, particularly when source codes behind the badges on blogs fail to work! Please visit the blog post at:
If you are a Twitter user, Twitter resources for Writers post, which lists some of the best writing inspiration and industry information Tweeters.
iWork Community Templates:
If you use Apple’s “Pages” application from the iWork Suite, twenty of Cate’s photos have been used in stationary and journaling templates. They can be downloaded free for your personal use from the iWork community Template Exchange. Search for virtualdesk to locate them. To date they have been downloaded over 35,000 times. The journal templates come with helpful tips on how to journal. iWork community Template Exchange.